High Ping in Real Life


High Ping in Real Life

I have a feeling that I wouldn't drive after I realized that I couldn't drink water appropriately.

You might have a drinking problem.

I can't stop looking at the mouse cursor.

Didn't even notice it until you pointed it out.

Now you'll notice you have to breathe manually.

No, that's animated lag. This is real life lag.

I know the first thing I want to do when I realize I am lagging is operate a 2 tonne vehicle that can move rapidly.

Put some shoes on you hippie

When two computers are connected via a network, the time required for a message to travel between them can be measured by sending a "ping" - a short message that is replied to with another short message. The total time spent waiting for the reply is the ping time, which is often abbreviated to just "ping".

In online gaming, ping affects how well players' perceptions of the game's "reality" are synchronized. A player with "high ping" is suffering from a long lag time in the connection, which results in seeing things well after they happen in the "master" copy of the game world.
For this post, then, "high ping" just means "severe lag between cause and effect".

GG

Comments